Why Pilates for the spine?
- Pilates develops strength in the deep abdominals
- Increases muscle balance (abs vs. back)
- Addresses and corrects posture which Minimizes and/or prevent back pain
- Can minimize thoracic kyphosis
- Lengthens and strengthens muscles without adding bulk
- Isolates muscle movements which allow for less stress on the spine when the extremities are in motion
These principles of Pilates are the guiding principles for creating low back stability which alone has the potential to reduce low back pain!